Senior Living in Burtonsville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Burtonsville, MD: 20866
- Burtonsville scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Burtonsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Laurel Regional Medical Center, Adventist Rehab Hospital, and Saint Luke Institute.
- There are 275 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sanctuary at Holy Cross, Calvary Care, and Immanuel Senior Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 880 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 122 golf courses in or around the city, including Cross Creek Golf Club, Gunpowder Golf Club, and Hampshire Greens Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Dinosaur Park, Robinson Nature Center, and Brookside Gardens.
- There are 649 churches in or near the city, including Resurrection Catholic Church, New Hope Seventh Day Adventist, and Parker Memorial Baptist Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 455 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 24 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 237 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $109,619, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $85,262, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,503, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.95%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burtonsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Burtonsville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Burtonsville has a dense population density of 1,887.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burtonsville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Burtonsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.67%.