Senior Living in Bushland, Texas
Top zip codes in Bushland, TX: 79012
- Bushland scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bushland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Quest Hospital, Baptist St Anthonys Health System-baptist Campus, and Northwest Texas Hlthcare Syst.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Medi Park West, Heartis Amarillo, and Ussery Roan State Veterans Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Amarillo Country Club, Preston West Par 3 Golf Course, and Tascosa Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Oasis RV Resort, Amarillo West RV Park LLC, and Route 66 RV Ranch.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including St Luke Presbyterian Church, Freedom Baptist Church, and Olsen Park Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.93% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,546, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,208, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,563, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bushland receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bushland has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bushland has a very sparse population density of 14.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bushland have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bushland has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.79%.