Senior Living in Butler, Ohio
Top zip codes in Butler, OH: 44822
- Butler scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Butler scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Manor Health Care Center, Foster Gallogly Care, and Loudonville Rest Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Little Apple Golf Club, Deer Ridge Golf Club, and Pleasant Hill Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Butler / Mohican KOA, River Trail Crossing, and Mohican-Memorial State Forest.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including River of Life Community Church, Clearfork Valley Wesleyan Chr, and St Paul Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,264, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,485, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,960, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,030 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,134 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Butler receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Butler has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Butler has a very sparse population density of 74.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Butler have a very long daily commute time.
- Butler has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.07%.