Senior Living in Butler, Pennsylvania
- Butler scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Butler scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Butler Memorial Hospital, Butler Health System, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Life Butler County, Washington Manor Personal Care Home, and Ywca Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Butler Country Club, Hi Land Public Golf Course, and Conley Resort.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Buttercup Woodlands Campground, Succop Nature Park, and Moraine Camplands.
- There are 61 churches in or near the city, including St Peter & Paul Ukrainian, Holy Sepulcher Church, and St Wendelin Catholic Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,960, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,595, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,199, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.79%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Butler receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Butler has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Butler has a sparse population density of 384.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Butler have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Butler has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.16%.