Senior Living in Butterfield, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Butterfield, MN: 56120
- Butterfield scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Butterfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St James Medical Center - Mayo Health System and St James Health Services).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Mountain Lake, Good Samaritan Society - St. James, and Brickstone Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountain Lake Golf Course, St. James Country Club, and Springfield Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Voss Park Campground, Mountain Lake City Park, and Mountain Lake State Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Alliance Missionary Church, Assembly of God Church, and St James Catholic Church Center.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,809, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,922, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,425, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.84%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Butterfield receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Butterfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Butterfield has a very sparse population density of 11.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Butterfield have a very short daily commute time.
- Butterfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.83%.