Senior Living in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
- Buzzards Bay scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Buzzards Bay scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Barnstable County Hospital, Jordan Hospital Inc, and Falmouth Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bourne Manor Extended Care Facility, Keystone Place at Buzzards Bay, and Royal Cape Cod Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 189 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Brookside Golf Club, The, Pocasset Golf Club, and Holly Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Bay View Campground, Shawme-Crowell State Forest, and Heritage Museums & Gardens.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including Anglican Church-good Shepherd, Bay Community Alliance Church, and St Peter\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 69 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 74 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,603, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,321, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,441, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.20%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buzzards Bay receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Buzzards Bay has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Buzzards Bay has a sparse population density of 463.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buzzards Bay have a long daily commute time.
- Buzzards Bay has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.88%.