Senior Living in Byram, Mississippi
Top zip codes in Byram, MS: 39272
- Byram scores significantly higher than the Mississippi average of 68.
- Byram scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Central Mississippi Medical Center, Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, and River Oaks Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Willow Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Forest Hill Nursing Center, Inc., and Pleasant Hills Community Living Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 188 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Confederate Heights Country Club, Eagle Ridge Golf Course, and Pearl Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Lakewood Memorial Parks, Sykes Park, and Battlefield Park.
- There are 195 churches in or near the city, including Emmanuel Baptist Church, Fellowship Baptist Church, and Greater New Jerusalem Mb Chr.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 88 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Mississippi has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,177, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,419, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,701, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,790 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,540 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.70%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Byram receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Byram has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Byram has an average population density of 569.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Byram have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Byram has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.18%.