Senior Living in Byron, Georgia
Top zip codes in Byron, GA: 31008
- Byron scores significantly higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Byron scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Houston Medical Center, Peach Regional Medical Center, and Gracewood State School & Hosp.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Villa Rose, Kingsford of Warner Robins, and Peach Valley Villas.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Bridgewood Golf Club, Oakview Golf & Country Club, and International City Golf Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Interstate RV Campground, North Peach Park, and Glen Haven Memorial Gardens.
- There are 101 churches in or near the city, including Byron United Methodist Church, Byron Baptist Church, and Dayspring Baptist Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,484, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,820, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,622, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,840 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,180 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.67%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Byron receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Byron has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Byron has a sparse population density of 264.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Byron have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Byron has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.07%.