Senior Living in Byron, New York
Top zip codes in Byron, NY: 14422
- Byron scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Byron scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (United Memorial Medical Center and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Genesee County Nursing Home, Batavia Health Care Center, and Leroy Village Green .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Batavia Country Club, Carter\'s Sweetland Pines Par 3 Golf Course, and Stafford Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including St Bridget\'s Church, Bergen United Methodist Church, and Our Lady of Fatima.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,187, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,463, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,760, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.35%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Byron receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Byron has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Byron has a very sparse population density of 72.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Byron have an average daily commute time.
- Byron has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.31%.