Senior Living in Cable, Ohio
Top zip codes in Cable, OH: 43009
- Cable scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Cable scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Memorial Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring Meadows Care Center, Mercy - McAuley Center, and Heartland of Urbana.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodland Golf Club, Urbana Country Club, and Lakes/Woods Course at Indian Springs Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Cedar Bog Nature Preserve).
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Middletown Church of God, Our Lady of Kazan, and Ware John V.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.47% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,943, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,361, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,815, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.83%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cable receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cable has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cable has a very sparse population density of 61.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cable have a very long daily commute time.
- Cable has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.89%.