Senior Living in Cairo, Ohio
Top zip codes in Cairo, OH: 45820
- Cairo scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Cairo scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Rita\'s Medical Center, Lima Memorial Health System, and Institute For Orthopedic Surgery.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lima Manor, Baton Rouge Medical and Rehab Center of Lima, and Elmcroft of Lima.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Executive Course at Hawthorne Hills Golf Course, Springbrook Golf Club, and Par 3 Course at Tamarac Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan and Winona Lake Swim & Tennis Club).
- There are 69 churches in or near the city, including Cairo United Methodist Church, St Rose Catholic Church, and St Gerard\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,218, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,500, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,537, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.64%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cairo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cairo has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cairo has an average population density of 752.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cairo have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cairo has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.93%.