Senior Living in Calabash, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Calabash, NC: 28467
- Calabash scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Calabash scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Summit Place of North Myrtle Beach , Autumn Care of Shallotte, and Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (63% of residents).
- There are 83 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowlands Golf Club, Briarwood Golf Club, and Brunswick Plantation & Golf Links -Magnolia/Dogwood.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Captain Andy\'s Campground, Hughes Family Campground, and Myrtle Beach RV Resort.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Beulah Baptist Church, St Paul Ame Church, and Little River United Methodist.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,003, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,773, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,832, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,850 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,768 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.55%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Calabash receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Calabash has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Calabash has a sparse population density of 484.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Calabash have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Calabash has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.31%.