Senior Living in Caldwell, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Caldwell, NJ: 07006
- Caldwell scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Caldwell scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 32 hospitals within close range of the city, including Essex County Hospital Center, Kessler Institute For Rehab, and Saint Barnabas Medical Center.
- There are 193 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lutheran Social Ministries CRA, West Caldwell Care Center, and St. Catherine of Siena .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1667 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 166 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Brook Country Club, Mountain Ridge Country Club, and Fernwood Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Grover Cleveland Park, Becker Park, and Eagle Rock Reservation.
- There are 728 churches in or near the city, including St Aloysius Church, Notre Dame Church, and First Baptist Church-Caldwell.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1049 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 41 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 443 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $132,843, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $100,124, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $51,559, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Caldwell receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Caldwell has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Caldwell has a dense population density of 2,682.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Caldwell have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Caldwell has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.14%.