Senior Living in Caledonia, Michigan
Top zip codes in Caledonia, MI: 49316
- Caledonia scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Caledonia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Pine Rest Christian Hlth, Forest View Hospital, and Spectrum Health - Blodgett.
- There are 78 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crystal Springs, American House Kentwood, and American House Grand Rapids Senior Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 210 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Broadmoor Country Club, Back Nine Course at Briarwood Golf Club, and Crystal Springs Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Pinewood Park, Indian Valley Campground, and Cascade Township Park.
- There are 150 churches in or near the city, including Gaines United Brethren Church, St Paul Lutheran Church, and Holy Family Catholic Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 127 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 77 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.70% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,638, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,769, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,911, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,450 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,105 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.86%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Caledonia receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Caledonia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Caledonia has a sparse population density of 352.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Caledonia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Caledonia has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.90%.