Senior Living in Caledonia, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Caledonia, MN: 55921
- Caledonia scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Caledonia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tweeten Health Services).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Therapy Network, Caledonia Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Gundersen Tweeten Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Macal Grove Country Club, Pine Creek Golf Course, and Meadowbrook Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Beaver Creek Valley State Park and Houston Nature Center).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including St Luke\'s United Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Immanuel Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.45% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,308, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,143, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,684, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.01%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Caledonia receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Caledonia has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Caledonia has a very sparse population density of 27.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Caledonia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Caledonia has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.05%.