Senior Living in Caledonia, Ohio
Top zip codes in Caledonia, OH: 43314
- Caledonia scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Caledonia scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Galion Community Hospital, Marion General Hospital, and Medcenter Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morning View Care Center, Kingston Residence of Marion, and Presidential Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Whetstone Golf & Swimming, Galion Country Club, and Valley View Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including River Bend Resort, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort at Dogwood Valley, and Lincoln Park.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including Gospel Baptist Church, South View Baptist Church, and St Joseph Catholic Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.44% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,211, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,230, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,699, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.63%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Caledonia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Caledonia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Caledonia has a very sparse population density of 56.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Caledonia have an average daily commute time.
- Caledonia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.35%.