Senior Living in Calera, Alabama
Top zip codes in Calera, AL: 35040
- Calera scores lower than the Alabama average of 72.
- Calera scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Shelby Baptist Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Columbiana Health and Rehabilitation, Shelby Ridge Nursing Home, and Chandler Health and Rehab Center, LLC.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Buxahatchee Country Club, Montevallo Golf Club, and Oak Mountain State Park Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Montevallo Community Garden-Seed to Table, Orr Park, and Beneful Alabaster Dream Dog Park.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Calera Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Concord Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,534, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,557, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,920, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,587 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,815 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.19%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Calera receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Calera has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Calera has a sparse population density of 196.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Calera have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Calera has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.57%.