Senior Living in Calhoun, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Calhoun, LA: 71225
- Calhoun scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Calhoun scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Glenwood Regional Medical Center, Ouachita Community Hospital, and Summit Hosp Of Ne Louisiana.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Ages Senior Village, Savannah Grand of West Monroe, and Guest House Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Calvert Crossing Golf Club, Pine Hills Country Club, and Riverside Golf & Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Seeker Springs, Cheniere Lake Park, and Camp T.L. James.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including Calhoun Church of Christ, First Baptist Church, and Claiborne Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.85% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,441, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,578, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,282, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,767 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.78%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Calhoun receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Calhoun has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Calhoun has a sparse population density of 121.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Calhoun have a long daily commute time.
- Calhoun has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.88%.