Senior Living in California, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in California, PA: 15419
- California scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- California scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brownsville General Hospital, Monongahela Valley Hospital, and Monongahela Valley Hospital.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Center In The Woods Inc., Flos Personal Care Home, and Adult Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Nemacolin Country Club, Chippewa Golf Club, and Willowbrook Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Hazelbaker Recreational Services).
- There are 70 churches in or near the city, including United Christian Church, United Methodist Church, and St Thos Aquinas Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,775, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,309, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,270, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.47%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- California receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- California has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- California has a dense population density of 2,592.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of California have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- California has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.42%.