Senior Living in Callery, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Callery, PA: 16024
- Callery scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Callery scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Francis Hospital Cranberry).
- There are 60 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Penn Mar Plaza, St. John Specialty Care Center, and Paramount Senior Living at Cranberry.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 131 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Venango Trail Golf Club, Cranberry Highlands Golf Course, and Rittswood Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Cranberry Township Community Park, Succop Nature Park, and Pittsburgh North Golf Course.
- There are 90 churches in or near the city, including St Kilian Church, Mars Alliance Church, and Woodland Valley Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 74 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 74 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,030, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,917, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,383, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.96%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Callery receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Callery has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Callery has an average population density of 885.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Callery have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Callery has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.90%.