Senior Living in Calvert City, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Calvert City, KY: 42029
- Calvert City scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Calvert City scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Marshall County Hospital, Marshall County Hospital, and Lourdes Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oakview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Calvert City Convalescent Center, and McCracken Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Calvert City Golf & Country Club, Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, and Benton Golf & Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Paducah / I-24 / Kentucky Lake KOA, Cypress Lakes RV Park, and Lazy Daz RV Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Worship Center, Altona Baptist Church, and Altona Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,722, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,820, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,081, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.68%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Calvert City receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Calvert City has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Calvert City has a sparse population density of 135.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Calvert City have a very short daily commute time.
- Calvert City has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.30%.