Senior Living in Calvin, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Calvin, PA: 16622
- Calvin scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Calvin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cove Forge Behav Hlth Syst).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodland Retirement Community, Huntingdon Hills Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, and Westminster Woods at Huntingdon.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including American Legion Country Club, Scotch Valley Country Club, and Sylvan Hills Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Trough Creek State Park, Susquehannock Campground, and Pleasant Hills Campground.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Clappertown C & MA, Stump Robert E, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,888, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,500, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,711, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.57%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Calvin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Calvin has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Calvin has a very sparse population density of 23.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Calvin have a very long daily commute time.
- Calvin has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.81%.