Senior Living in Camanche, Iowa
Top zip codes in Camanche, IA: 52730
- Camanche scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Camanche scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Medical Center-clinton and Genesis Medical Center-dewitt).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mercy Living Center - South, Prairie Hills of Clinton, and The Alverno .
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Wyaton Hills Golf Course, Clinton Country Club, and Canyon Creek Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Bickelhaupt Arboretum, Olathea Golf Course, and Scott County Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Zion Lutheran Church, Albany River of Life Church, and Clinton Church of Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,651, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,107, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,565, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,142 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,970 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,769 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.55%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Camanche receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Camanche has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Camanche has a sparse population density of 135.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Camanche have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Camanche has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.12%.