Senior Living in Cambridge, Iowa
Top zip codes in Cambridge, IA: 50046
- Cambridge scores significantly higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Cambridge scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Story County Hospital, Story County Hospital & Ltc, and Mary Greeley Medical Center.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ballard Creek Assisted Living, Story County Medical Senior Care, and Windsor Manor - Nevada.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Ballard Golf & Country Club, Prairie View Golf Course, and Indian Creek Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt, Reiman Gardens, and Gateway Hills Park.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Harvest Assembly of God, Holy Cross Catholic Church, and Christian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,605, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,333, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,252, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,005 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,430 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.78%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cambridge receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cambridge has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cambridge has a very sparse population density of 33.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cambridge have a short daily commute time.
- Cambridge has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.48%.