Senior Living in Cambridge, Maryland
Top zip codes in Cambridge, MD: 21613
- Cambridge scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Cambridge scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Dorchester General Hospital, Eastern Shore Hospital Center, and Warwick Manor Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dimple Manor Assisted Living, Signature Healthcare at Mallard Bay, and Chesapeake Woods Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Cambridge Country Club, Green Hill Yacht & Country Club, and Easton Club, The.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Great Marsh Park and Choptank River Fishing Pier State Park).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Cambridge Church of Christ, Maryland Pride Festival, and OLD TRINITY CHURCH & CEMETERY.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,921, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,265, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,047, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,448 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.15%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cambridge receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cambridge has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Cambridge has a sparse population density of 111.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cambridge have an average daily commute time.
- Cambridge has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.50%.