Senior Living in Cambridge, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Cambridge, MN: 55008
- Cambridge scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Cambridge scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cambridge Medical Center and Cambridge Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Success Living, Inc., GracePointe Crossing - The Commons, and Gracepointe Crossing Gables West.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Deer Meadows Golf Course, Purple Hawk Country Club, and Grandy Nine Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cambridge City Park, Springvale County Park, and Purple Hawk Country Club.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Cambridge Lutheran Church, First Baptist Church, and North Isanti Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.85% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,090, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,438, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,613, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cambridge receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cambridge has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cambridge has a sparse population density of 146.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cambridge have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cambridge has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.86%.