Senior Living in Cambridge, New York
Top zip codes in Cambridge, NY: 12816
- Cambridge scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Cambridge scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mcclellan Health System).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Danforth Adult Care Center, The Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation at Hoosick Falls, and Pine Valley Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Battenkill Country Club, Windy Hills Golf Course, and Hoosick Falls Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s Church, St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and Centenary United Methodist Chr.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,684, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,864, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,734, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.94%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cambridge receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cambridge has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cambridge has a very sparse population density of 73.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cambridge have a long daily commute time.
- Cambridge has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.94%.