Senior Living in Camby, Indiana
Top zip codes in Camby, IN: 46113
- Camby scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Camby scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Francis Hospital Mooresville, Community Hospital South, and Indiana University Health West Hospital.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Worthington Place, Meadow Lakes Assisted Living and Garden Homes, and Miller\'s Merry Manor Mooresville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 274 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 84 golf courses in or around the city, including Friendswood Golf Course, Links at Heartland Crossing, and Buffer Park Golf Course.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Sodalis Nature Park, Mooresville Park, and Southwestway Park.
- There are 147 churches in or near the city, including Life Line Baptist Church, Fairfield Friends Meeting, and Camby Community Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 124 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 71 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.33% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,441, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,299, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,002, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,411 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,070 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.65%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Camby receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Camby has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Camby has an average population density of 857.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Camby have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Camby has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.41%.