Senior Living in Camden, Ohio
Top zip codes in Camden, OH: 45311
- Camden scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Camden scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mccullough-hyde Memorial Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodland Country Manor, Heartland of Eaton, and The Greenbriar.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Eaton Country Club, Oxford Country Club, and Indian Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Woodland Trails Scout Reservation, Hueston Woods State Park, and Mulberry Pheasantry.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Pennington George W, and Community Friendship Cogic.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,197, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,206, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,682, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.83%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Camden receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Camden has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Camden has a very sparse population density of 69.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Camden have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Camden has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.02%.