Senior Living in Cameron Mills, New York
Top zip codes in Cameron Mills, NY: 14820
- Cameron Mills scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Cameron Mills scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Bath Va Medical Center and Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Steuben Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Colonial Square Senior Village, and Brookdale Painted Post.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Pinnacle State Park Golf Course, Bath Country Club, and Indian Hills Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Camp Bell Campground, Pinnacle State Park Lodge, and Erwin Mountain State Forest.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Hall James E, Addison United Methodist Church, and Advancing Gospel In Angola.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,081, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,569, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,576, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.95%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cameron Mills receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cameron Mills has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cameron Mills has a very sparse population density of 25.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cameron Mills have a long daily commute time.
- Cameron Mills has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.15%.