Senior Living in Cameron, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Cameron, WI: 54822
- Cameron scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Cameron scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lakeview Med Center, Lakeview Medical Center, and Luther Midelfort- Northland Mayo Health System.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hansen\'s Group Home, Our House - Rice Lake Assisted Care, and Our House Rice Lake Memory Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset View Country Club, Sioux Creek Golf Course, and LynnDale\'s Golf.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Wolff\'s Den RV Campground, Veterans Memorial Park, and Ken\'s (Kampsite) Campsites.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Church, Northwest Synod of Wisconsin, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,817, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,906, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,529, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.24%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cameron receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cameron has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cameron has a very sparse population density of 94.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cameron have a short daily commute time.
- Cameron has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.85%.