Senior Living in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Camp Hill, PA: 17011
- Camp Hill scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Camp Hill scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Holy Spirit Hospital, State Corr Inst At Camp Hill, and Healthsouth Rehabilitation.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Meadows, Country Meadows of West Shore, and The Woods at Cedar Run.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 291 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including West Shore Country Club, Liberty Forge Golf Course, and Naval Inventory Control Point.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Reservoir Park, Fort Hunter, and Boyd Big Tree Conservation Area State Park.
- There are 415 churches in or near the city, including Good Shepherd Catholic Church, West Shore Baptist Church, and Martzall Jr Charles H.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 153 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 96 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,075, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,895, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,298, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.76%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Camp Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Camp Hill has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Camp Hill has a dense population density of 2,657.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Camp Hill have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Camp Hill has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.36%.