Senior Living in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Camp Lejeune, NC: 28547
- Camp Lejeune scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Camp Lejeune scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Naval Hospital, Onslow Memorial Hospital, and Brynn Marr Behavioral System.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lighthouse Village, Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Carolina Rivers Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (0% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Paradise Point Golf Course (Gold Course at Paradise Point Golf Course), Paradise Point Golf Course -Gold, and Jacksonville Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Northeast Creek Park, Hawkins Creek Campground, and Wilson Bay Park.
- There are 54 churches in or near the city, including Bear Creek Baptist Church, Queens Creek United Methodist, and Swansboro Church of God.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,461, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,522, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,818, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.29%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Camp Lejeune receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Camp Lejeune has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Camp Lejeune has an average population density of 841.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Camp Lejeune have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Camp Lejeune has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 99.38%.