Senior Living in Campbelltown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Campbelltown, PA: 17010
- Campbelltown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Campbelltown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Lebanon Va Medical Center, and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Twin Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, Traditions of Hershey, and Columbia Cottage-Hershey.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Spring Creek Golf Course, East Course at Hershey Country Club, and Hotel Hershey Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hershey Gardens, Union Canal Tunnel Park, and PA Dutch Country RV Resort.
- There are 164 churches in or near the city, including Campbelltown United Methodist, Salem United Church of Christ, and Church of the Brethren.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 85 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 62 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 50.00%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Campbelltown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Campbelltown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Campbelltown has a dense population density of 5,352.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Campbelltown have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Campbelltown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.