Senior Living in Canaan, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Canaan, NH: 03741
- Canaan scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Canaan scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital and Mary Hitchcock Mem Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Becket House at Rumney, Wheelock Terrace, and Hanover Terrace Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Fore-U Golf Center, Carter Country Club, and Hanover Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Sculptured Rocks Natural Area).
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Community Lutheran Church, St Helenas Catholic Church, and Shrine of Our Lady-la Salette.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,694, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,243, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,359, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.97%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canaan receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Canaan has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Canaan has a very sparse population density of 54.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canaan have a long daily commute time.
- Canaan has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.47%.