Senior Living in Canada, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Canada, KY: 41519
- Canada scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Canada scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Williamson Arh Hospital, Williamson Memorial Hospital, and Pikeville Medical Center.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Trinity Healthcare Services - Mingo, Tug Valley ARH Regional Medical Center SNF, and Good Shepherd.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Tug Valley Country Club, Mountain Pub-Links Golf Course, and Green Meadow Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Grants Branch Park, Hatfield-McCoy Resort, and Fishtrap Lake State Park.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Hardy Church of Christ, Sharondale Church of Christ, and Christian Assembly of God.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,527, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,309, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,458, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.99%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canada receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Canada has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Canada has a sparse population density of 104.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canada have an average daily commute time.
- Canada has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.36%.