Senior Living in Canal Fulton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Canal Fulton, OH: 44614
- Canal Fulton scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Canal Fulton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Doctors Hospital Of Stark Cnty, Affinity Medical Center, and Heartland Behavioral Hlthcare.
- There are 78 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chapel Hill Community, Jackson Ridge Rehabilitation and Care, and Rose Lane Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 312 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 115 golf courses in or around the city, including Lyons Den Golf Course, Spring Hills Golf Club, and Front/Back Course at Elms, The.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Clay\'s Park Resort, Jackson Bog State Nature Preserve, and Portage Lakes State Park.
- There are 227 churches in or near the city, including Canal Fouton United Methodist, Sts Philip & James Church, and St John Lutheran Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 118 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 82 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,107, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,754, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,148, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,740 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,673 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.78%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canal Fulton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Canal Fulton has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Canal Fulton has an average population density of 561.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canal Fulton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Canal Fulton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.85%.