Senior Living in Canal Winchester, Ohio
Top zip codes in Canal Winchester, OH: 43110
- Canal Winchester scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Canal Winchester scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Diley Ridge Medical Center, Children\'s Hospital, and Ohio State University Hospital.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Altercare Of Canal Winchester Post-Acute Rehab Center, Inc., Winchester Place Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and The Inn at Winchester Trail.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 266 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 85 golf courses in or around the city, including Willows, The, Homestead Springs Golf Course, and Landings at Rickenbacker, The.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Jackson Lake Park, Chestnut Ridge Metro Park, and Three Creeks Metro Park.
- There are 142 churches in or near the city, including Grace Bible Church, Heritage Baptist Church, and Gender Rd Christian Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 146 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.76% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,754, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,853, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,430, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.15%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canal Winchester receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Canal Winchester has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Canal Winchester has an average population density of 674.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canal Winchester have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Canal Winchester has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.18%.