Senior Living in Canandaigua, New York
Top zip codes in Canandaigua, NY: 14424
- Canandaigua scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Canandaigua scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including F F Thompson Hospital, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Clifton Springs Hospital And Clinic.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ferris Hills at West Lake, Horizons - A DePaul Senior Living Community, and Horizons.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including VA Medical Center Golf Course, Canandaigua Country Club, and Center Pointe Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park, 1795 Acorn Inn Bed and Breakfast, and Canandaigua / Rochester KOA.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Canandaigua Baptist Church, Crosswinds Wesleyan Church, and St John\'s Episcopal Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,073, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,668, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,442, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.76%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canandaigua receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Canandaigua has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Canandaigua has a sparse population density of 212.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canandaigua have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Canandaigua has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.64%.