Senior Living in Canaseraga, New York
Top zip codes in Canaseraga, NY: 14822
- Canaseraga scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Canaseraga scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including McAuley Manor at Mercycare, City of Hornell Housing Authority, and Hornell Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle\'s Landing Golf Club, Triple Creek Golf Club, and Woodlynn Hills Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Rattlesnake Hill State Wildlife Management Area, Jones Pond Campground & RV Park, and Sun Valley Campsites.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Almond Union of Churches, and Abundante Life Ministries.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,570, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,017, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,884, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.43%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canaseraga receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Canaseraga has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Canaseraga has a very sparse population density of 23.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canaseraga have a long daily commute time.
- Canaseraga has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.68%.