Senior Living in Canby, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Canby, MN: 56220
- Canby scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Canby scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Sanford Canby Medical Center).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Serenity House and Sylvan Court)
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Canby Golf Club, Lake Hendricks Golf Club, and Madison Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Central Park, Stone Hill LLC, and Lake Cochrane Recreation Area.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Antelope Hills Church of Chris, Antelope Hills Church-christ, and School of St Peter.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.88% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,036, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,188, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,506, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.36%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canby receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Canby has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Canby has a very sparse population density of 11.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canby have a very short daily commute time.
- Canby has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.34%.