Senior Living in Candler, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Candler, NC: 28715
- Candler scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Candler scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Memorial Mission Hospital And Asheville Surgery Ce and Thoms Rehabilitation Hospital).
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Candler Living Center, Baytree Management, and Windwood Rest Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 288 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Great Smokies Holiday Inn Sun Spree Resort, Brookwood Golf Club, and Biltmore Forest Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including The North Carolina Arboretum, Asheville\'s Bear Creek RV Park & Campground, and Wilson\'s Riverfront RV Park.
- There are 101 churches in or near the city, including Edgewood Baptist Church, Hominy Baptist Church, and Mt Pisgah Academy Sda Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 108 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,370, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,054, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,779, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.35%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Candler receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Candler has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Candler has a sparse population density of 315.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Candler have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Candler has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.23%.