Senior Living in Canfield, Ohio
Top zip codes in Canfield, OH: 44406
- Canfield scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Canfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center, Surgical Hospital At Southwoods, and Salem Community Hospital.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Inn at Ironwood, Sateri Retirement Apartments, and Sateri Homes, Inc..
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 297 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Tippecanoe Country Club, Diamond Back Golf Course, and North Course at Mill Creek Park Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Boardman Park, Mill Creek MetroParks, and Fellows Riverside Gardens.
- There are 179 churches in or near the city, including Old North Baptist Church, St Michael Church, and Canfield Christian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 123 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 70 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,814, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,568, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,758, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,929 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canfield receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Canfield has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Canfield has a sparse population density of 414.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canfield have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Canfield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.36%.