Senior Living in Canisteo, New York
Top zip codes in Canisteo, NY: 14823
- Canisteo scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Canisteo scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St James Mercy Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hornell Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation , City of Hornell Housing Authority, and McAuley Manor at Mercycare.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Hornell Country Club, Twin Hickory Golf Club, and Bath Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Almond Union of Churches, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,998, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,013, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,416, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.41%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canisteo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Canisteo has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Canisteo has a very sparse population density of 48.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canisteo have an average daily commute time.
- Canisteo has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.69%.