Senior Living in Cannelburg, Indiana
Top zip codes in Cannelburg, IN: 47519
- Cannelburg scores significantly higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Cannelburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Daviess Community Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Loogootee Nursing Center, Martin County Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, and Eastgate Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Oaks Golf Club, Crane Golf Course, and Lakeview Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Montgomery Camp Office and Jug Rock Nature Preserve).
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Alfordsville United Methodist, Maranatha Tabernacle, and Alfordsville Christian Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,961, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,860, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cannelburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cannelburg has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Cannelburg has a very sparse population density of 26.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cannelburg have a short daily commute time.
- Cannelburg has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.64%.