Senior Living in Canoga Park, California
- Canoga Park scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Canoga Park scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 18 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Woodland Hills, Motion Picture & Television Hospital, and West Hills Hospital & Medical Center.
- There are 404 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Canyon Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Topanga Park Assisted Living, and West Hills Health and Rehab.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 954 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodland Hills Country Club, El Caballero Country Club, and East Course at Braemar Country Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Chatsworth Reservoir, Bell Canyon Park, and Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park.
- There are 176 churches in or near the city, including Inspired Word Christian Flwshp, Congregation Shir Ami, and Canoga Park Presbyterian Chr.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 468 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 42 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 350 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,947, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,304, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,630, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canoga Park receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Canoga Park has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Canoga Park has a very dense population density of 8,878.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canoga Park have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Canoga Park has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 76.18%.