Senior Living in Canterbury, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Canterbury, CT: 06331
- Canterbury scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Canterbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp, William W Backus Hospital, and Natchaug Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Villa Maria Nursing and Rehab Community, Creamery Brook Retirement Village, and Roseland Rch.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 79 golf courses in or around the city, including Lisbon Country Golf Club, River Ridge Golf Course, and Pautipaug Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including James L. Goodwin State Forest, Hopeville Pond State Park, and Old Furnace State Park.
- There are 66 churches in or near the city, including Beauchene & Sons, Lighthouse Church of God, and St John the Apostle.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,184, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,603, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.04%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canterbury receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Canterbury has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Canterbury has a sparse population density of 128.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canterbury have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Canterbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.65%.