Senior Living in Canton, Georgia
- Canton scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Canton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Northside Hospital Cherokee).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brian Center Health And Rehabilitation/Canton, Canton Nursing Center, and Brookdale Canton.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Bridge Mill Athletic Club, Canton Golf Club, and Woodmont Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Kenney Askew Park, Badger Creek Park, and Blankets Creek Mountain Bike Trails.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including Lighthouse, St Clement\'s Episcopal Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,590, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,621, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,781, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.55%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Canton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Canton has an average population density of 524.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Canton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.01%.