Senior Living in Canton, Kansas
Top zip codes in Canton, KS: 67428
- Canton scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Canton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hillsboro Community Hospital and Mercy Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bethesda Home, Salem Home, and Parkside Homes.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Hillsboro Municipal Golf, McPherson Country Club, and Rolling Acres Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Maxwell State Game Refuge, Friends of Maxwell, and Mc Pherson RV Ranch & Horse.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.51% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,685, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,833, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,392, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.66%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Canton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Canton has a very sparse population density of 14.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canton have a short daily commute time.
- Canton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.88%.