Senior Living in Canton, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Canton, MA: 02021
- Canton scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Canton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 35 hospitals within close range of the city, including Massachusetts Hospital School, Norwood Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, and Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital.
- There are 209 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hebrew Senior Life Orchard Cove, Hellenic Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Cornerstone at Canton.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 908 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 159 golf courses in or around the city, including Milton-Hoosic Club, The, Brookmeadow Country Club, and Championship Course at Blue Hill Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Blue Hills Reservation, Mass Audubon\'s Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary, and Ames Nowell State Park.
- There are 425 churches in or near the city, including Temple Beth Abraham, St John\'s, and United Church of Christ.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 483 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 33 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 369 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $115,524, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,951, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,991, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Canton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Canton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Canton has an average population density of 1,147.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Canton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Canton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.02%.